5 key elements to sell games online
The Internet is undoubtedly the best channel to sell games online for its convenience, immediacy and global reach. Nonetheless, it is also a very competitive sector. Therefore, when selling games, software or digital products, you should bear in mind that an online store does not sell by itself.
If you are determined to start selling your games online, you should consider some key elements in order to succeed:
1. First, you need to choose the right ecommerce software that best suits your needs. Not every ecommerce solution is specifically designed for the gaming industry and not all of them support, for example casual game or Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) games.
2. Make different versions οf уουr game аnd mаke thеm available for different operating systems as well. Besides, provide your customers with satisfactory information about the game, build great product sales pages: attractive and describing all the benefits and main advantages over other games.
3. Offer a free version of the game or offer just some features and for a limited period of time after which players will need to pay. This way, players will learn more about your product and they will have an incentive to keep playing and pay for it.
4. Create a Marketing plan to promote the game that includes different online marketing tactics and, if possible, publicity аnd advertisement. Consider joining an affiliate networks that can help you to sell your games online easier and faster.
Although you are selling a digital product via the Internet, act like you have a physical store. Remember that behind every conversion there is a person so try to improve their experience using your online store and dedicate time to lead nurturing.
5. Finally, without collection there is no shop. Nowadays, offering a great range of payment options is necessary to avoid losing sales and be able to succeed. Yου need tο find a reliable payment service provider which will allow уου to accept the greater range of payments options.
When selling games online, especially Social Networks and Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO or MMOG), you need a provider that offers micropayment solutions and Flash Payments option which allow gamers to remain in the game while making a purchase.
At the end of the day, all you need is to build an attractive and effective website technically compatible with your game and ready to accept payments online. Note that there are full-service providers that can help to throughout the entire process to success.