You may have a great software product, but to sell it profitably in a global marketplace, you first need to address the basic transactional needs of your online buyers.
A reliable, global e-commerce payment provider will guarantee your customer’s security and comfort during the process. When selecting a payment partner, be sure to request these key features:
1. Multi-currency Payment Options: Your customers will feel most comfortable buying online in their local currency, just as they do in the real world. Limited payment currencies equate to limited sales. The leading e-commerce payment providers have relationships with local banks worldwide; enabling them to offer you all the currency payment options you need to sell in all major markets.
2. Multilingual Customer Service: A reassuring voice or personal written communication in the customer’s native tongue often pushes the customer through the purchase threshold. Effective post-purchase support will also encourage them to buy more in the future. Multilingual customer support is a must for selling globally. A qualified e-commerce payment company should offer this support at no extra charge.
3. Promotional Tools: There is nothing a customer loves more than the feeling of getting a great deal. Special promotions such as coupons and discounted product bundles are terrific instruments for instilling such confidence in buyers and pushing checkout values higher. You will need an e-commerce partner who has the capability and flexibility to integrate customized promotional features with your unique digital products.
4. Security: Online fraud presents a major risk to e-commerce merchants and perhaps the biggest barrier to buyer confidence. As fraudsters get more sophisticated, payment gateways must stay one step ahead. Your e-commerce payment provider should assure you these that certain key security measures are in place to identify and eliminate online fraud efficiently. Such features should include:
• Pre-purchase transaction review
• Tools for detecting odd patterns in purchase behavior
• IP address verification
• Credit card billing address verification
• Immediate vendor email notification in cases of suspected fraud
5. Flexibility in Service: Your digital product and pricing offers will likely evolve with the needs of your customers—probably very rapidly. Your payment solution must evolve with it, or it will slow you down. The best e-commerce payment platforms are those with the flexibility to keep up with rapid development in vendor products and pricing. Be sure to ask your prospective payment provider to describe the flexibility of their platform, and consider with them several “what if” scenarios involving changes to your products.
A safe, secure and comfortable marketplace is the foundation for success in selling software online. The above features will provide the right environment for your buyers and let them focus their attention on your fantastic software product.
Gate2Shop – E-Commerce Solution Provider